1.20.2010

How We Chose Adoption...

I have four adopted cousins, so adoption is something that always felt completely natural to me. Before we were married, I had told Steve that adoption was very important, and that someday I wanted to adopt a child. I was surprised when he said he felt the same way. As we dreamed and talked about our future family, adopting "eventually" was always brought up. But, we figured it was one of those down-the-road things like having a bigger house or a newer car.

Not too long after we started trying to build a biological family, we realized this was not going to be an easy task for us. After nearly three years of pills, procedures, and pain, we decided enough was enough. Why continue on this way? Why not adopt right now? Our decision to adopt put us instantly at peace. It was like the light turned on at the end of the tunnel, and the path to finding our forever family was finally illuminated.

0 comments: